In May of 2013 at the "Marriage Summit," the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (LCMS) affirmed, on the basis of Scripture, that marriage is the lifelong union of one man and one woman. As a member of the LCMS, Trinity Lutheran Church conducts weddings that join one man and one woman who intend to be joined for their lifetime. (Genesis 2:2-4; Matthew 19:5-6)
We ask that couples who choose to get married at Trinity Lutheran Church commit to each of the following:
- Attend worship together. If you are not a member of Trinity, a minimum attendance at six worship services is required.
- Completing Pre-Marital Counseling. We believe that, if we are going to prepare you for a wedding, we have an obligation to prepare you for a marriage.
- Praying together about your relationship and marriage. This is an important time in our lives and in your relationship with God.
- Contact our Office Manager / Ministry Admin, Jennifer Kirkman at (951) 676-1492 to reserve a Wedding Date.
- Set up an initial meeting to review and complete the Wedding Information Packet and also Trinity's Marriage Policy.
- Set up the next 5 Pre-martial counseling meetings after first initial meeting.
- Work with Jennifer Kirkman on Wedding Day coordination and costs.
Your wedding day is a big milestone in your life and your faith journey as husband and wife. It is the day that God blesses your promises to each other and your relationship. To ensure your wedding ceremony goes smoothly, making proper arrangements for the ceremony and preparing as a couple are critical steps and we are here to help.
At Trinity Lutheran Church, we strive to surround you with guidance, resources and support every step of the way. May God bless this happy time in your lives.